Looking for the Best Gaming Laptop Under 800? Read on to know more.
If you are someone who loves to play online games and is really fond of playing and always trying out some really cool games. But before you follow your passion for online games you get an obstacle of not having a device that allows you to do so. But you obviously cannot keep on buying new devices to play games.
This means you clearly need a device that is capable of installing and streaming games online and offline as well. But again the problem is which device will allow you to play games without lagging or any such kind of a problem. Well, to answer all such questions of yours.
We are finally here to answer and will also give you a lot of advice and knowledge about some really good gaming laptops under $800. Also, not just this but we will also discuss the things you need to keep in mind whenever you are going to buy a gaming laptop. So, we are not going to delay it any longer and now let’s start it with the Buyer’s Guide first.
You can also refer this article – Best Gaming Laptop Under 400
- Buyer’s Guide for the Best Gaming Laptop Under 800
- Best Gaming Laptop Under 800
Buyer’s Guide for the Best Gaming Laptop Under 800
These are the factors on which you have to look up to and then decide whether the laptop is good enough for you to fulfill your requirements and needs from it or if it is not worthy enough to buy. Let us give you a little brief about all of them and then start with some really cool and amazing gaming laptops for you.
GPU (Graphics Procesing Unit)
So, why do we need to look for GPUs? Well, it is because most of the games are GPU- dependent nowadays. Which leads to the result that you just cannot update them on your devices. So, it is necessary to have a laptop with a good GPU. So, that you can enjoy your game to its highest settings at least for a few years from the purchase.
CPU (Central Processing Unit)
Although indeed, a CPU is very much required to have a good gaming laptop, you should also have a good CPU installed in it. And a good CPU depends on your budget, so if you have a higher budget then you can easily buy a greater CPU.
RAM (Random Access Memory)
RAM is also another thing that is required as much like needing a good GPU and a good CPU. You also need good RAM for gaming and all-purpose I suggest you at least have 8 GB RAM for gaming purposes.
A good display impacts your gaming experience a lot, so having a good laptop is a cake for the gamers. But to check for a good display you have to consider a few points which are-
- The Size of the screen. A lot of laptops have 15-17 inch laptop screens whereas there are also 14 inches and also 18 inch panels. You can go with any of the sizes you want but the thing is the more the size of the display is the more the weight of the laptop.
- The Resolution should not be lesser than the 1920 * 1080.
- You should avoid Touch-Screen Laptops. And the reason why you do not want to have a touch-screen on your gaming laptop is because you do not want to drain your battery on something which is not at all needed in your laptop and also you do not want to spend your money on something extra which is totally not at all to be used, because we know touch screen laptops will cost you more than any regular laptop. Also, the touch screens can make your display screen extra shiny and glossy which might affect your playing experience.
Just do not settle for a normal entry-level keyboard because there are a lot of things to consider and takedown.
- Key Travel is a measure where you have to check how much pressure a key can handle and how far you can push it. Most commonly this key travel will be for around 1.5mm but if you get it for 2mm then that is even better.
- Actuation is basically the pressure you need to apply to press the keys which is usually like 65 to 70 grams.
- Backlighting is mostly provided by all the budgeted gaming laptops, which will be either red or white. But some of the best laptops will have RGB backlights.
So, let’s put it in this way that if you are using a laptop to play games then you should keep it plugged in for charging for better performance and better gaming response from the system. As per our research, we have seen laptops which work most till one hour only. By this, we mean that if you are looking for a laptop that will work for like 8 hours then that should definitely not be the gaming laptop.
Now, let’s discuss some of the best gaming laptops under $800.
Best Gaming Laptop Under 800
- 9th Generation Intel Core i5-9300H Processor (Up to 4.1 GHz)
- 15.6 inches Full HD Widescreen IPS LED-backlit display; NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1650 Graphics with 4 GB of dedicated GDDR5 VRAM
- 8GB DDR4 2666MHz Memory; 256GB PCIe NVMe SSD (2 x PCIe M.2 slots - 1 slot open for easy upgrades) and 1 - Available hard drive bay
- LAN: 10, 100, 1000 Gigabit Ethernet LAN (RJ-45 port); Wireless: Intel Wireless Wi-Fi 6 AX200 802.11ax
- Backlit keyboard; Acer Cool Boost technology with twin fans and dual exhaust ports
This Acer Nitro 5 is really an amazing laptop that has some really amazing features in it like- NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050Ti graphics and also has a 4GB dedicated video memory. This also has an advanced GPU for an uninterrupted gaming experience. This Acer Nitro 5 operates its function on the 8th Generation intel core i5 mobile processor.
- The high-speed processor of 4.0GHz
- Rugged and innovative curved edge design
- HD screen with high resolution
- Dedicated video memory through the GTX 1050 Ti for fast GPU.
- Lacks a DVD/CD drive.
- Heavy weighted.
- Battery life is only up to 5.5 hours.
- Storage space only is 255 GB.
Yes, it is very much capable of playing games like Tic- Tac- Toe.
Yes, it is capable of playing Oculus Rift.
Yes, it does have Bluetooth.
- Display:15.6" diagonal, FHD (1920 x 1080), IPS, micro-edge, anti-glare, 250 nits, 45% NTSC
- Processor family :11th Generation Intel Core i5-1135G7 (up to 4.2 GHz with Intel Turbo Boost Technology, 8 MB L3 cache, 4 cores)
- Memory:8 GB DDR4-2666 MHz RAM (2 x 4 GB) Transfer rates up to 2666 MT/s.
- Ports :1 SuperSpeed USB Type-C 5Gbps signaling rate; 2 SuperSpeed USB Type-A 5Gbps signaling rate; 1 HDMI 1.4b; 1 RJ-45; 1 AC smart pin; 1 headphone/microphone combo
- Operating system:Windows 10 Home 64 1-Week AimCare Support
Now, coming to a point where we are discussing the large numbers of gaming laptops and also about the variety of them under $800, then without any doubt HP has won the race. But not because of this reason, we have chosen this laptop here because of its amazing features.
The very first thing we would like here to mention is that it comes with the 8th generation Intel Core i5 processor with a speed of 4.0 GHz for a seamless gaming experience for its users. This also has a backlit which allows its users to know the placement of the keys even in the darkness.
- 11th gen processor.
- High bandwidth RAM.
- An excellent storage capacity.
- Wide vision webcam for better connectivity.
- The gaming device provides you with WiFi 6 support.
- Fast charging support.
- The speakers could have been much better.
- Does not include touch support.
Yes, it does have a quad-core processor.
Yes, it is very good for music as well as for games.
Well, the battery depends on the type of game you are playing or if doing any other task.
- 8th Generation Intel Core i5 8300H Processor (Quad Core, 8MB Cache, up to 3.9 gigahertz w/Turbo Boost)
- 8GB 2666 megahertz DDR4 up to [32GB], (additional memory sold separately)
- 256 GB (SSD)
- 15.6 inch FHD (1920 x 1080) IPS Anti Glare, LED Backlit Display
- Be more productive. Windows 10 is the best for bringing ideas forward and getting things done. upto 4.1 gigahertz w/ Turbo Boost
This gaming laptop Dell G3 is a really mind-blowing laptop in various laptop categories. The first category is the union for the 8th generation Intel core i5 with turbo boost and speed of up to 3.9 GHz. In addition to this, it also has 8GB RAM which is also expandable up to 32 GB.
- WASD backlit keyboard available
- 8th generation Intel Core i5
- Dedicated NVIDIA GeForce 1050 video graphics.
- Wide vision webcam for better connectivity.
- Ultra-thin for easier gaming on the go.
- Large anti-glare display for a cinema-type experience.
- Only one processor.
- No DVD drive, no CD drive is available.
Yes, it does have a fingerprint sensor.
Yes, it allows you to do so.
Yes, you can play cyberpunk 2077 in it.
Now, at last coming to the conclusion for this article, we are very sure that you must have gotten a really nice idea about some of the best gaming laptops under $800 that are available in the market. In this article, we have listed some of the best gaming laptops with their pros and cons so that you will get a proper idea of the type of laptop you need according to your requirements.
In this very list of best gaming laptops under $800, we have purposely excluded some of the laptops like the Chromebooks in the mentioned list as we all know that realtors require a much smoother experience in performance.
Also, we have included a buyer’s guide in this article for you all so that whenever you are going to buy any gaming laptop you can consider all these features while looking for an ideal gaming laptop for yourself.
We have explained various categories to be considered before buying any gaming laptop, so even when you are not going to settle under these laptops then you can obviously check this article out for guidance and reference.