Looking for the Best Laptop For Game Development? Read on.
No matter if you are a specialist or a newbie into this world of game development a little knowledge is never gonna harm you at least that’s what we believe in.
Anyways, here we are gonna explain to you about some really nice or call it the best laptops for Game Development exciting! Right? We are very excited today about discussing this amazing topic with you guys.
But before anything else, we will just explain to you this small word of game development. So, if you are a newbie for this Term game Development then do not skip this part and if you are an experienced pro you know it well.
So, what is Game development and why do we need this?
Basically, Game development is work that involves the creation of a Game available on the internet or the intranet. It involves the development of only one single static page or it can be a fully maintained complex game application as well. Game development can be done by using various tools and languages.
It can be a small little game which you must have seen while scrolling Facebook, Instagram, and maybe other social networking sites then it can be a game like Mario, GTA, or maybe pubg (the most popular game nowadays). You know game development is a miracle in itself.
By now you must have already understood why we need game development and a game developer right?
Okay, now just not making any delays and getting straight into the topic of the best laptop for game development. We will tell you everything about the laptops, with the Buyer’s guide through which you can understand the basic idea of what type of laptop you need if not among the mentioned list below. Now, let’s start with the buyer’s guide first.
- What Is A Buyer’s Guide?
- 9 Best Laptop For Game Development
- 1. ASUS F512DA-EB51 VivoBook – Light Laptop
- 2. HP Pavilion 15-ec0000na – Best Budget Laptop
- 3. Asus TUF FX505DT – Thin Laptop
- 4. Lenovo IdeaPad L340 – High Quality Laptop
- 5. Acer Aspire 5 – Portable Laptop
- 6. Acer Aspire 3 – High Performing Laptop
- 7. Dell Inspiron 3000 – High Speed Laptop
- 8. HP 14-CF0014DX – High End Laptop
- 9. ASUS VivoBook – FHD Laptop
- Conclusion: Best Laptop For Game Development
What Is A Buyer’s Guide?
Well, basically when you are going to buy a laptop there are certain parameters and measures we have to focus on. These parameters are efficient to rate a laptop’s efficiency and trust me just by considering these certain factors or call it parameters you can definitely choose the laptop which is the best for you and capable to fulfill all your requirements.
So, without making any further delays let’s start with the topic and know some of those certain parameters on which you can decide your ideal choice among the laptops.
Also, you can forever consider this guide whenever going to have a laptop. All you need to do is just analyze if this is gonna certainly fulfill your needs or not.
9 Best Laptop For Game Development
- 【Powerful Performance with AMD Ryzen 5 Quad Core】AMD Ryzen 5 3500 Processor, Quad-Core, 2.10 GHz Processor (upto 3.6 GHz, 4MB Cache, 4-Cores)
- 【Display and Graphics】15.6 inch FHD 4 way NanoEdge bezel display with a stunning 88% screen-to-body ratio, AMD Radeon Vega 8 discrete graphics
- 【Customzation】 Seal is opened for Hardware/Software upgrade only to enhance performance. Upgrade to 12GB 2400 MHz DDR4 Memory | 512GB NVMe M.2 SSD | No DVD
- 【Connectivity】1 x USB-C 3.1 Gen 1 (support data transfer, Power Delivery and DisplayPort); 1 x SuperSpeed USB Type-A 5Gbps signaling rate; 2 x USB 2.0 Type-A; 1xHDMI; 1xheadphone/microphone combo; 1 x Micro SD Card Reader; Wi-Fi 5 (2x2) and Bluetooth 4.1 combo, backlit keyboard with fingerprint sensor activated via Windows Hello
- 【Rock eDigital Enhancement】Upgrade to Windows 10 Professional, w/ Free Rock eDigital 32GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive; 14.1'' x 9.1'' x 0.78''; 3.50 lbs; Up to 3 hour battery use; Slate Gray
- The ASUS F512DA-EB51 VivoBook has excellent build-up quality.
- It also has a tiny chassis but with no compromises.
- It is also modern, attractive, and aesthetic.
- It has excellent productivity and light gaming performance.
- Its excellent productivity and light gaming performance.
- This laptop has a decent keyboard with a nice touchpad.
- It could have a better display.
- It does not have Thunderbolt 3 support.
- Powerful professional performance for your workday: Tackle video meetings on crowded networks with ultra-fast gigabit Wi-Fi 6 (2x2) and Bluetooth(R) 5 for up to 3x faster transfer speeds than Wi-Fi 5, safeguard against viruses, malware, and ransomware with Windows 10 Pro built for the most security and productivity, and comfortably work all day with elevated keyboard and numeric keypad
- Amazon Alexa: Just ask and Alexa can check your calendar, create lists, answer questions, play music, control your smart home and more
- BIOS recovery and protection: Automatically checks the health of your PC, protects against unauthorized access, secures local storage and recovers itself from boot up issues
- Display: 15.6-inch diagonal Full HD IPS Bright View micro-edge WLED-backlit display (1920 x 1080); 81% screen to body ratio
- Speed through office projects with a superfast processor: 10th Generation Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-1065G7 processor, Quad-Core, 1.3 GHz base frequency, up to 3.9 GHz with Intel Turbo Boost Technology, handles your creative and innovative moments at school, work or home, and is built light enough to go where you go
- The HP Pavilion 15-ec0000na has come in a budget-friendly price range.
- It has a decent keyboard and is portable.
- It is relatively cool.
- It has an SD card reader.
- It doesn’t use PWM to adjust screen brightness (BOE NV156FHM-N4K).
- This laptop has a PCIe x4 drive support and up to 32GB of memory.
- It does not have thunderbolt support.
- Also, it does not really have the greatest build-up quality.
- Has a wanky touchpad.
- It has poor battery life.
- The Ryzen 7 3750H is a bottleneck for the GTX 1660 Ti Max-Q.
- Quad-core AMD Ryzen 7 R7-3750H Processor
- 15.6” FHD (1920x1080) IPS-Type display, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1650 4GB Graphics
- 256GB NVMe SSD | 8GB DDR4 RAM | Windows 10 Home
- RGB Backlit keyboard, Gigabit Wave 2 Wi-Fi 5 (802.11ac), Network LAN: 10/100/1000
- 2 x USB 3.1, 1 x USB 2.0, 1 x HDMI, 1 x RJ45, 1 x Microphone/Combo Jack
- It is very compact for a budget gaming laptop.
- This ASUS TUF FX505DT has easy serviceability.
- It also has 2X storage bays.
- This laptop comes with the 120HZ display option.
- This has Slower frame rates than expected when on Low graphical settings.
- It only has a single channel RAM as standard.
- Could have better battery life.
- This does not have a G-Sync.
- A new dimension of gaming performance awaits - with 9th-generation Intel Core i5 processors, the IdeaPad L340 gaming has the power you need to outshoot, outrun, and outsmart anyone. Includes 8GB DDR4 RAM and 512GB NVMe SSD
- Take it to the next level - With the latest NVIDIA GeForce Graphics behind you, you can tame the hottest titles with faster, smoother, and more power-efficient gameplay. Plus, the 15.6-Inch screen delivers a stunning full HD IPS Display with 1920 x 1080 resolution
- A portal to a new sound dimension - hardwired into every Idea Pad L340 gaming is advanced Dopoundsy audio technology. Take your mobile gaming experience to another dimension and have a real blast along the way
- Control your own fate - Game in 'quick' Mode or work in 'quiet' Mode. It's your call with a simple function setting that lets you shift gears between modes, instantly.
- Final product may vary slightly from image
- This laptop has a matte IPS panel with decent gaming performance.
- It has a bright display with good contrast.
- Also, it has a very good keyboard.
- It has a good cooling capacity and is energy efficient.
- It comes at an adequate price.
- This does not have any memory card reader.
- The wifi speed is below average.
- It has uncomfortable keyboards.
- It has a plastic build-up quality.
- 【AMD Ryzen 3 3350U】AMD Ryzen 3 3350U Processor, Quad-Core, 2.1 GHz Up to 3.5 GHz, 4 MB Cache. Equipped with AMD Ryzen 3 processor, long battery life, and speedy connectivity.
- 【15.6” FHD IPS Display】15.6" Full HD (1920 x 1080) widescreen LED backlit IPS Display with 82.58% screen-to-body 16:9 aspect ratio and narrow bezels. Wireless Wi-Fi 6 802.11ax, Backlit Keyboard, Fingerprint Reader.
- 【Upgraded to 8GB RAM】Adequate high-bandwidth RAM to smoothly run multiple applications and browser tabs at the same time. It gives you enormous space to save all of your files. Enhance the overall performance of the laptop for business, student, daily usage.
- 【Upgraded to 256GB NVMe SSD】Boot up in seconds, get to files faster, and have room for loads of files with the lightning-quick solid state drive. Original Seal is opened for upgrade ONLY.
- Windows 10 in S mode is designed for security and performance, exclusively running apps from the Microsoft Store. If you want to install an app that isn't available in the Microsoft Store, you'll need to switch out of S mode. Switching out of S mode is one-way. If you make the switch, you won't be able to go back to Windows 10 in S mode. There's no charge to switch out of S mode.
- The Acer Aspire 5 is very much portable.
- Also, it has a perfect look and design.
- This has a high-quality mic.
- It comes in a very good color with amazing brightness.
- The Acer Aspire 5 is not good for high-end games.
- It does not have a backlit keyboard.
- It is very slow with the internet.
- This has a defective hardware issue.
- It has a very wide selection of ports.
- ■ upgraded ■ Seal is opened for upgrade ONLY, UPgrade from Acer Aspire 3 17.3" HD+ Laptop (i5-1035G1 8GB 1 TB HDD) Windows 10 Home ; 1 year warraty on Upgraded RAM/SSD from iPuzzle , and original 1 year Manufacture warranty on remaining components.
- 17.3" HD+ 1600 x 900 LED technology; ComfyView Display,
- 10th Generation Intel Core i5-1035G1 processor (1.00 GHz, up to 3.60 GHz Max Boost, 4 Cores, 8 Threads, 6 MB Cache) | 8GB DDR4 Memory | 1TB HDD
- DVD-Writer; IEEE 802.11a/b/g/n/ac; Bluetooth 4.2; Standard keyboard; 2 x USB 2.0; 1 x USB 3.1 Gen 1 Type-A; HDMI; RJ45; 1 combo headphone / microphone jack
- Talking about the very first advantage of using the Acer Aspire 3 has a matt display.
- Coming to the second positive point of using the Acer Aspire 3 has full maintenance coverage.
- Another advantage of using the Acer Aspire 3 comes with AC wifi.
- And lastly, the advantage of using the Acer Aspire 3 is very reasonable.
- The very first drawback of having and using the Acer Aspire 3 has a dark and low contrast display.
- Another disadvantage of having and using the Acer Aspire 3 is it has average battery life.
- And Lastly, the disadvantage of having this Acer Aspire 3 has no USB Type-C port.
- 【Memory & Storage】Memory is 16GB high-bandwidth RAM to smoothly run multiple applications and browser tabs all at once. Hard Drive is 1TB Hard Disk Drive for ample storage space
- 【Processor】AMD 3rd Generation Ryzen 5 3450U Quad-Core 2.10GHz Processor (6MB Cache, up to 3.50GHz), AMD Radeon Vega 8 Graphics
- 【Screen】15.6" Full HD Touchscreen (1920 x 1080) Display
- 【Ports】2 x USB 3.1, 1 x USB 2.0, 1 x HDMI, 1 x Combination Audio Jack, 1 x RJ-45 Connector, 1 x Multi-format SD Media Card Reader
- 【Operating System】Windows 10 Home 64-bit
- The Dell Inspiron 13 is very much portable.
- It has an amazing speed and is very powerful.
- It has sharp details from the IPS screen.
- This laptop offers you USB C connectivity at a low price.
- The Dell Inspiron 13 has short battery life.
- It is not very portable as it should be.
- This laptop has poor display quality.
- 【Do More of What You Love All Day Long】Designed to keep you productive and entertained from anywhere, the HP 14-inch laptop combines long lasting battery life with a sleek and portable, micro-edge bezel design. The HP Fast Charge technology allows this laptop go from 0 to 50% charge in approximately 45 minutes
- 【Multitasking with Pentium CPU】Intel Pentium Silver N5030 Quad-Core Processor (Burst Frequency 3.10 GHz), Intel UHD Graphics 605 integrated GPU, equipped with Solid State Drive, this notebook PC is powerful enough for your busiest day. You could easily run mutiple applications at the same time
- 【Chat and Video Call】The HP TrueVision HD Camera with integrated dual-array digital microphones, plus tuned stereo speakers, enable video chatting with vibrant clarity, even in low light
- 【Sleek and Portable】Weighing under four pounds, this thin, light, portable laptop is easy to take from your family room to your home office or on the road
- 【Multiple Ports Available】You could easily connect your laptop with other devices. 1x USB 3.0 Type-C, 2x USB 3.0 Type-A, 1x HDMI, 1x Ethernet, 1x Headphone Jack, 1x Media Card Reader
- It has a really fast code-core processor.
- This comes with a very compact design.
- It is highly portable.
- High-end usage is possible.
- It is not available all the time.
- It has a very basic OS.
- It can cause you problems while upgrading.
- It has design cliches.
- It has a really fast code-core processor.
- This comes with an amazing backlit keyboard.
- The ASUS VivoBook K571 features an SD card
- Also, it comes at a very adequate price.
- The ASUS VivoBook K571 Lacks PWM for brightness adjustment (LG LP156WFC-SPD1 (LGD0563).
- It has a budget build quality.
- It has very weird power management with BIOS version 302.
- This covers only 53% of sRGB (LG LP156WFC-SPD1 (LGD0563).
- Only one RAM DIMM and maximum support of 16GB of memory.
- Most of the USB ports are 2.0.
Conclusion: Best Laptop For Game Development
Coming to the conclusion for this article, we are very sure that you must have gotten a pretty good idea about some of the best game development laptops that are available out there in the market. In this article, we have listed some of the best gaming laptops for game development laptops with all their pros and cons as well. So, that you will get a proper idea of the type of laptop that you need according to your requirements.
In this very list of best laptops for game development laptops. Also, we have included a buyer’s guide in this article for you all so that whenever you are going to buy any laptop with the purpose of a game development laptop you can always consider all these features while looking for an ideal laptop for gaming.
We have explained various categories to be considered before buying any laptop for game development, so even when you are not going to settle under these laptops then you do not have to worry because for those reasons only we have added a common guide for the laptops for developing games. That is why you can blindly check this article out for guidance and for future references.
We have mentioned 7 types of laptops for game development above in the article, among which you can choose anyone as per your budget and exact needs. They all are really amazing for the purpose of gaming but if your purpose is not just limited to that. Then obviously we have already mentioned a lot of the characteristics above with them by which you can understand which one is capable of doing more of the other things.