Are you looking for Best Laptop for Revit? Read on to know more.
If you are someone who works on high-end 3D modeling software then there is no news that you must have come across a software named Revit software. When it comes to 3D or 2D modeling or even when it comes to drawing some of the simple designs, drafting, edge shaping, and things like that, the efficiency of this software to do so is no doubt unmatched.
In this very article, we will be talking about and listing some of the best laptops for Revit that will work just fine for all those who need to work on the Revit software. So, it is highly requested of you to stay till the very end of this very topic to understand the pros as well as the cons of various types of laptops that are available for Revit users.
Also, in this article, we will be sharing with you a buying guide too for you to understand what are some of the things that you are required to keep in mind before going forward to purchase the laptop of your choice. And just after this buying guide, we have also put here in this article some basic F.A.Q.s for you to have a better understanding of the laptops.
- Buying Guide
- Best Laptop For Revit
Performance is something that everybody looks forward to in a device. That is why it is recommended for you to buy a laptop that is having excellent performance. To achieve a good performance and to avoid lagging what one can do is that they can opt for a laptop that has at least an i5 generation processor.
Talking about the storage of a laptop, nowadays, in the market, you will be able to find two types of storage, one is HDD and the other is SSD. Now, SSD has become much popular among users and so all of the latest laptops that are coming into the market come with SSD.
It is recommended for you to go with a laptop that has an SSD storage type as SSD makes the speed of reading and writing much faster when compared to HDD. And according to your need and your budget, you can go for the amount of storage space that you want.
Now, for a good performance, it is recommended to use an SSD of at least 512 GB.
As we are very well known with this term RAM. Basically, RAM stands for Random Access Memory of your computer or laptop. The reason you need RAM is that it is very much needed to allow you to run the software on your laptop or computer and allow them to process. Revit is a RAM hog. Either 8GB (~50MB) of RAM or 16GB(~700MB).
Best Laptop For Revit
Below is the list of some of the best laptops for Revit that are available in the market for the users of Revit software to get their hands on them according to their needs and to make they are work-life much faster and effortless.
- 15.6'' 120Hz Full HD IPS-Level Nanoedge Bezel Display
- Powerful Intel Core i7-10750H Processor 2.6 GHz (12M Cache, up to 5 GHz)
- NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1650 Ti 4GB GDDR6
- 16GB DDR4 RAM, 256GB PCIe NVMe M.2 SSD + 1TB HDD
- Comprehensive connections including USB 3.2 Type-C, USB 3.2 Type-A, USB 2.0, HDMI, and Wi-Fi 6 (802.11ax) (*USB Transfer speed may vary. Learn more at ASUS website)
- A powerful processor having enough firepower.
- High-speed RAM.
- Graphics card of mid-range for 3D modeling and rendering.
- Dual storage support for faster boot-ups
- An extensive array of high-speed ports.
- Does not have Wi-Fi 6 support.
- Predictable design.
- Striking Visuals: The 15.6" 4K UHD True Pixel Display delivers true-to-life images with 100% AdobeRGB color gamut out of the box.
- Exceed Your Imagination: The 10th Gen. Intel Core i7 processor, delivers high performance with 8 cores boosting up to 5.1 GHz. Whether it's graphic design, video editing or 3D rendering, the Creator 15 brings your imagination into life.
- Purpose Built: The MSI Creator 15 with NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER is a RTX Studio high-performance laptop that contains the world's most powerful GPU, precision engineered into an ultra-thin profile laptop.
- Creativity On the Go: With a 99.9 WHr battery, the Creator 15 supports non-stop creativity and keeps you focused on your creative workflow.
- Uncompromised Productivity: MSI's exclusive Cooler Boost Technology ensures optimal thermal dissipation. Featuring 3 fans, get up to 15% increased airflow with the new Cooler Boost Trinity+..Versatile Connections: The Creator 15 features a wide range of I/O ports, sporting a Matrix Display function for you to expand visions across multiple displays via HDMI and Thunderbolt 3.
- An octa-core processor with ample firepower.
- Massive RAM.
- RTX 20 series GPU for better rendering.
- Very sizable SSD.
- Touchscreen display.
- It’s a bit pricey.
- Middling battery life.
- NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 Laptop GPU 6 GB GDDR6
- Boost Clock 1530 Mhz & Max Graphics Power of 105W
- NVIDIA DLSS for groundbreaking AI rendering
- 11th Gen Intel Core i7-11800H (2.3GHz~4.6GHz)
- 16GB Memory (64GB Max), 512 GB SSD
- High-speed processor.
- Ultra-fast RAM module.
- Thunderbolt 3 port.
- Brilliant display.
- A little bit heavy.
- This laptop can be too firm.
- 8th Generation Intel Core i5 8300H Processor (Quad Core, 8MB Cache, up to 3.9 gigahertz w/Turbo Boost)
- 8GB 2666 megahertz DDR4 up to [32GB], (additional memory sold separately)
- 256 GB (SSD)
- 15.6 inch FHD (1920 x 1080) IPS Anti Glare, LED Backlit Display
- Be more productive. Windows 10 is the best for bringing ideas forward and getting things done. upto 4.1 gigahertz w/ Turbo Boost
- Powerful high-speed processor.
- An ultra-fast RAM.
- WiFi AX support.
- The right one for MEP processes.
- Thunderbolt 3 support.
- Middling battery.
- No NVMe storage support on this laptop.
- Include Windows 10 Professional Activation Key, HP Warranty, 3 Years McAfee Internet Security(1 device) Activation Key on HP box, BEST LAPTOP by HP Authorized Partner
- Newest 10th Generation Intel Core i7-1065G7 (1.3 GHz, up to 3.9 GHz, 8 MB L3 cache, 4 cores) + NVIDIA GeForce MX330 (4 GB)
- 16 GB DDR4-3200 SDRAM (1x16GB), 1TB 7200RPM HDD+256GB PCIe NVMe M.2 SSD, 17.3" diagonal FHD, IPS, WLED-backlit, multitouch-enabled, edge-to-edge glass (1920 x 1080); HP Wide Vision HD Camera with camera shutter and integrated dual array digital microphone
- Precision Touchpad Support; Intel Wi-Fi 6 AX 201 (2x2) and Bluetooth 5 combo (Supporting Gigabit file transfer speeds), Bang & Olufsen, dual speakers, HP Audio Boost, No DVD Writer
- 1 USB 3.2 Gen 2 Type-C (10 Gb/s signaling rate, Power Delivery 3.0, HDMI 2.0, DisplayPort 1.4, HP Sleep and Charge); 2 USB 3.2 Gen 1 Type-A (5 Gb/s signaling rate, Data Transfer Only); 1 USB 3.2 Gen 1 Type-A (5 Gb/s signaling rate, HP Sleep and Charge); 1 HDMI 2.0; 1 headphone/microphone combo; 1 multi-format SD media card reader
- Stellar touch screen display.
- 10th gen processor.
- Amazing webcam.
- Very sizable storage space.
- Ultra-fast RAM.
- A little bit heavy when carrying.
- Lacks ray tracing support.
- AMD Ryzen 5 5500U Mobile Processor (6-core/12-thread, 11MB cache, up to 4.0 GHz max boost)
- 15.6" Full HD (1920 x 1080) Widescreen LED-backlit IPS Display | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1650 with 4 GB of dedicated GDDR6 VRAM
- 8GB DDR4 3200MHz Memory and 512GB NVMe SSD
- 1 - USB Type-C port: USB 3.2 Gen 1 (up to 5 Gbps) | 2 - USB 3.2 Gen 1 Ports (one with Power-off Charging) | 1 - USB 2.0 Port | 1 - HDMI Port with HDCP support
- Wi-Fi 6 | Backlit Keyboard | Up to 10 Hours Battery Life | Windows 10 Home
- 9th generation processor.
- Sharp display.
- Advance rendering.
- Very light and durable form factor.
- A good number of ports.
- RAM of comparatively smaller size.
- Subpar battery life.
Now, you are supposed to get a laptop that has a minimum RAM of 8 GB installed in it. But, if you are a student and are thinking about working on some very basic things, then, in that case, a laptop having 4 GB of RAM should work just fine. Now, for the mid-sized models, you will need to have 16 GB of RAM and for some of the complex and heavy Revit projects, you must look or go for a laptop that is having a RAM size of 32 GB or higher.
Now, the answer to this very question is simple. Any laptop that is having a full high-definition display and is having a RAM size of 4 GB can easily run Revit. But there is one thing that one should know that the laptop that is running Revit should have the processing power of more than the i3 or AMD equivalent. This is because Revit is one program that is graphics intensive, so the laptop that is running Revit should have advanced and enhanced cooling.
Well, the first thing we would like to tell you about Revit is that Revit is a BIM which stands for Building Information Modeling. BIM is a type of software that is very much focused on building planning and modeling which creates intelligent models for 3D building models.
Well, now if we are talking about an affordable laptop that should have all the required features and specifications then let’s examine it first and then decide.
So, considering the RAM and the graphic cards which are capable of supporting DirectX 11. Not just this but we also have to look for a multi-core CPU with a high clock speed. This should be at least for i13 or AMD equivalent or more. And also should and must have a dedicated GPU. For any Revit user, a GPU is a must because as we all know that Revit is designing software.
Besides the pros and cons for every above-mentioned laptop list. We have also given a quick view of the frequently asked questions for the Best laptop for the Revit because there were so many people who had so many things regarding this topic. As we cannot cover all those doubts in this one topic therefore we have provided some of the most frequently asked questions for you, just in case if you also have any of those questions then you already have an answer.
Finally, concluding this very article, we have covered the pros and cons of some of the best laptops for Revit that are available in the market in which you can get your hands. We are very sure that after reading the whole article, you must have gotten a pretty good idea of the various types of laptops for Revit that are available in the current market and to get your laptop of choice what specs you need to look into it. We hope that this article has helped you with your doubts and questions and you can figure out some of the best laptops for Revit. We recommend you read this post: Best Laptop For 3D Modeling