Looking for the Best Laptop For Writers? you are in the right place.
It is very difficult to search out a laptop that is the best for a content writer because a content writer specifically doesn’t have a single requirement or a single specification required.
He needs multiple things to be needed in a laptop basically, a content writer needs multitasking and he needs a lot of specifications to be of the best quality so that he can improve his efficiency and he can increase productivity as well.
If you are a writer then definitely you will be typing a lot so the very first thing that you should keep in your mind is that the laptop that you are going for should have the best quality of the keyboard.
Secondly, if it is a backlit keyboard that is a cherry on the cake for you because with a backlit keyboard you can work in any type of environment even if it is stuck then you can continue your work without any interference.
Another point to be kept in mind is battery backup because if you are a writer you won’t be sitting in a single place because for writing you need a lot of creativity and creativity doesn’t come while sitting at a single place definitely, you will be changing your environment your surroundings.
And you will be working for 2 to 3 hours then you would be taking a break or you must be changing your position then you will be going to another place and sitting and changing your environment then continue your work over there so, for this point you should have a portable laptop that has good battery backup as well.
Keeping in mind all those requirements we have listed out the top 10 laptops that are the best for you and these are even budget-friendly so if you have budget-constrained you can look for cheaper options and if you don’t have any budget issues then we have recommended the top-notch specification laptops over here.
- Best Laptop For Writers – Find From Our Top Picks
- 1. Google Pixelbook Go Best Laptop For Writers
- 2. Surface Laptop 4 Best Laptop For Writers
- 3. HP Spectre x360 Best Laptop For Writers
- 4. Asus Chromebook Flip Best Laptop For Writers
- 5. Dell XPS 15 (2020) Best Laptop For Writers
- 6. Asus VivoBook S15 Best Laptop For Writers
- 7. Apple MacBook Air Best Laptop For Writers
- 8. Acer Swift 3 Best Laptop For Writers
- 9. Acer Chromebook R11 Best Laptop For Writers
- 10. Surface Pro 7 Best Laptop For Writers
- Buying Guide About The Best Laptop For Writers
Best Laptop For Writers – Find From Our Top Picks
- Good to Go: Pixelbook Go lets you stay unplugged for up to 12 hours  so you don't need to carry a charger. And when you do need a charge get up to 2 hours of use in just 20 minutes so you can keep going. 
- Made to move Pixelbook Go is lightweight - Barely 2 pounds It's 13 millimeter thin with a grippable design making it easier to carry 
- Get it done Fast: Pixelbook Go starts up in seconds and makes working a breeze. The 8th Gen Intel Core Processor is quick and responsive powering everything you do. And Chrome OS doesn't slow down over time so it always feels like new. 
- Go without worry: Pixelbook Go is designed to prevent things from getting off track. The Titan C security chip and built-in anti-virus software help protect your data. And Chrome OS updates automatically with the latest features and security. 
- Built for comfort: A backlit keyboard and Hush Keys make using Pixelbook Go comfortable and quiet. The touchpad is spacious and accurate so you only need to use a light touch. The fan less design stays cool to let you comfortably use it on your lap.
- It has an Intel Core m3
- Has Intel UHD Graphics
- A 13.3-inch Full HD (1,920 x 1,080) Display
- Good Storage
- Incredible battery life
- Price not justified
- Biometric login Missing
- Power to do what you want with up to 70% more speed than before and an 11th Gen Intel Core processor.
- Thin, light, elegant design in choice of two sizes: light, portable 13.5” or larger 15” that’s perfect for split-screen multitasking.
- Show your best side on video calls with sharp video and image quality, even in low light, thanks to a front-facing 720p HD camera.
- Enjoy theater-like sound for movies and shows with Omnisonic Speakers backed by immersive Dolby Atmos6.
- Be heard loud and clear on calls with dual far-field Studio Mics that capture your voice and reduce background noise.
- Big touch screen and size
- Good Storage
- Comfortable keyboard
- Lightweight and affordable
- Not enough ports
- Spectre x360 2-in-1 13.3" UHD Touch-Screen Laptop
- Intel Core i7
- 16GB Memory
- 512GB Solid State Drive
- Poseidon Blue
- It has a 10th-generation Intel Core i5
- Intel Iris Plus Graphics
- Good storage options
- Stylish and high-quality finish
- Great all-around performance
- Built-in security features are useful
- Bad Battery Life
- Become hot
- 14 inch Touchscreen Full HD 1920x1080 4-way NanoEdge display featuring ultra-narrow bezels (5mm thin) around each side of the display that allows for a 14-inch screen to fit in the body of a 13-inch laptop footprint
- The Full HD display has a durable 360 degree hinge that can be used to flip the touchscreen display to tent, stand, and tablet mode
- Powered by the Intel Core m3-8100Y Processor (up to 3.4 GHz) for super-fast and snappy performance. If you use a ton of tabs or run lots of apps, this has the power to get it all done with ease
- 8GB LPDDR3 RAM; 64GB eMMC storage and 2x USB Type-C (Gen 1) and 1x Type-A (Gen 1) ports plus a backlit chiclet keyboard (*USB Transfer speed may vary. Learn more at ASUS website)
- Chromebook runs on Chrome OS - an operating system by Google that is built for the way we live today. It comes with built-in virus protection, updates automatically*, boots up in seconds and continues to stay fast over time
- Good Processor
- Decent Graphic Card
- 12.5-inch, FHD (1,920 x 1,080)
- LED-backlit anti-glare Display
- Has tablet mode
- Tactile keyboard
- No out-of-box Android app support
- Middling speakers
- 15.6" 4K UHD (3840 x 2160) InfinityEdge anti-reflective touch IPS 100% a do be RGB 500-nits display
- 9th Generation Intel Core i7-9750h (12MB Cache, up to 4. 5 GHz, 6 Cores)
- 16GB DDR4-2666MHz, 2x8G
- 1TB PCIe SSD
- Nvidia GeForce GTX 1650 4GB GDDR5
- 10th-generation Intel Core i5
- Intel Iris Plus Graphics
- Nvidia GeForce GTX 1650 Ti
- 15.6″ FHD+ (1920 x 1200)
- IPS – UHD+ (3840 x 2400)Storage: 256GB – 1TB SSD
- Fast performance
- Fabulous Design
- GTX 1650 Ti is a little weak
- The 15-inch screen might be too large for some
- 15.6 inch Full HD NanoEdge bezel display with a stunning 86% screen-to-body ratio
- Latest 11th generation Intel Core i7-1165G7 Quad Core Processor (12M Cache, up to 4.70 GHz, with IPU)
- 16GB DDR4 RAM and 512GB PCIe SSD and Windows 10 Home
- Metal chassis and 16mm z-height
- Ergonomic backlit keyboard along with a fingerprint sensor activated via Windows Hello
- 10th-generation Intel Core i5
- Intel UHD 620
- 15.6” LED-backlit Full HD (1920 x 1080)
- 16:9 Frameless four-sided NanoEdge display
- A bright, colorful 15.6-inch screen
- Weighs just 1.8kg
- Powerful i7 processor
- Merely average battery life
- Only 1080p resolution
- ScreenPad is a bit weird
- MacBook Air 13.3" with Retina Display (Silver) - 30W USB Type-C Power Adapter - USB Type-C Charging Cable (6.56' / 2m) - Apple 1 Year Limited Warranty
- Retina display with True Tone
- 1.1GHz quad-core 10th-generation Intel Core i5 processor, Turbo Boost up to 3.5GHz
- 8GB 3733MHz LPDDR4X memory
- 256GB SSD storage
- Lovely design
- New lower price
- Screen colors are a little muted
- Not compatible with all Softwares
- 【AMD Ryzen 5 4500U Hexa-Core】AMD Ryzen 5 4500U Hexa-Core Processor (Hexa-Core, 2.3GHz Up to 4.0 GHz, 8 MB Cache). Give you the power to surf, stream, and do so much more. Edit photos and videos faster than ever, and move between programs and Windows quickly.
- 【8GB RAM】 High-bandwidth RAM to smoothly run your games and photo- and video-editing applications, as well as multiple programs and browser tabs all at once.
- 【Upgraded storage to 512GB SSD】 It gives you enormous space to save all of your files. Enhance the overall performance of the laptop for business, student, daily usage.
- 【14" Full HD 1080p Display, Ultra-Thin】14" Full HD 1080p (1920X1080) Display. Enables you to view your content with crisp, sharp detail and rich color for editing photos and graphic design.
- 【Extensive Connectivity & Up to 11 hours Battery Life】Up to 11.5 hours of long-lasting battery life keeps you powered up to accomplish all your daily tasks from morning to night. 3X USB; 1X HDMI. It comes with Ghost Manta gaming mouse, HDMI Cable, USB extension cord and Mouse Pad.
- Intel Core i7-8565UGraphics
- Nvidia GeForce MX150
- Intel HD Graphics 620 or AMD Radeon Vega 8
- 14-inch FHD (1,920 x 1,080) Comfy
- 15.6″ Full HD (1920 x 1080)
- Superb keyboard and trackpad
- Excellent performance
- Very reasonably priced
- Looks a little plain
- Chromebook runs on Chrome OS - an operating system by Google that is built for the way we live today. It comes with built-in virus protection, updates automatically, boots up in seconds and continues to stay fast over time. (Internet connection is required)
- All the Google apps you know and love come standard on every Chromebook, which means you can edit, download, and convert Microsoft Office files in Google Docs, Sheets and Slides.Connectivity:802.11a/b/g/n/ac wireless LAN
- With the Google Play Store, you can access a rich library of apps, games, music, movies, TV, books, magazines, and more, all from your Chromebook.
- Chromebooks come with built-in storage for offline access to your most important files and an additional 100GB of Google Drive space to ensure that all of your files are backed up automatically.
- Intel Celeron N3150, 11.6 inch HD Touch Display, 4GB Memory, 32GB eMMC, Up to 10-hour Battery Life, Convertible Laptop; Maximum Power Supply Wattage: 45 Watt
- Intel Celeron N3150 1.6GHz
- Intel HD Graphics
- 1,366 x 768 HD IPS display
- Very versatile
- Very cheap
- Good battery life
- Limited usage as doesn’t have windows
- Small Display
- Next-gen, best-in-class laptop with the versatility of a studio and tablet, so you can type, touch, draw, write, work, and play more naturally
- Faster than surface pro 6, with a 10th gen intel core processor – redefining what’s possible in a thin and light computer.
- More ways to connect, with both USB-c and USB-a ports for connecting to displays, docking stations and more, as well as accessory charging. Bluetooth: Bluetooth 5.0
- Standout design that won’t weigh you down — ultra-slim and light surface pro 7 starts at just 1.70 pounds
- All day battery life up to 10.5 hours, Plus the ability to go from empty to full faster — about 80 percent in just over an hour
- 10th-gen Intel Core i3 – i7Graphics
- Intel UHD Graphics
- 12.3-inch 2,736 x 1,824 Pixel
So, these are the top 10 best laptops out there in the market that you can buy if you are a writer and if you are still confused then down I am providing you a buying guide following which you can care about your confusions and you can choose the best laptop for you.
Buying Guide About The Best Laptop For Writers
If you are still confused then here you will clearly find all your solutions and I will tell you that for which type of requirements you should buy which type of laptop and I will also be specifying some parts like Display, Battery, Ram, Storage and I will be explaining to you that what are the minimum and the maximum specs that you can go for optimum usage.
Your laptop should have a minimum of 8 GB of RAM and if you don’t have any budget issues you can go with the 16 GB RAM variant as well and you don’t need anything above 16GB because going above it is just burning out your money so don’t burn your money, 8GB is minimum that you should have and 16GB would be the best for you if you don’t have any budget issues
Display quality should be better and the screen size should also be big because while typing and while searching for different ideas or topics you will be spending a lot of screen time up on your screen so you should have a big screen so that your eyes don’t get squeezed up.
Buying a big display of a minimum of 15-16 inches is necessary but keeping in mind the portability you can go for 13-inch variants as well and display quality should also be much better.
It should have a minimum of full HD or a full HD plus display and if you are going for MacBooks is the best because the full HD retina display, will even protect your eyes and you will be getting the best quality out there in that display.
e-sr told you that portability is a major concern and you should consider portability so if you did portability then the battery is a very main aspect in this and I recommend you to go for a laptop that has a minimum of five hours of battery backup and if it can go up to 8 hours 10 hours that will be much better.
Let me clarify that if you are main concern is battery backup then the best option for you and market is MacBook Pro because my MacBook claims 20 hours of battery life and if if you get out with 13 to 14 hours of battery life as a writer that will be phenomenal for you and will just perfectly work fine for you.
So, coming to the major point right now that your laptop should be portable so for portability, a lot of aspects are involved like your laptop should have a good battery and it should have a good backup as well along with that the size it should also be optimum weighted so that you can carry it anywhere with you not only this but also your laptop should be tough enough so that it can handle out any type of surface which it is kept upon.
For this, you should consider any laptop that is fully metal build like MacBooks or partially metal build that specifically Lenovo laptops are and display size should be a minimum of 13 to 14 inches so that you can at least what’s the display without scratching your eyes.
So as I told all the points above considering that you can filter out the portability option for you and let me clarify that if you are going to the office or just working from home then I don’t think that portability is a much major issue for you but if you travel a lot and you are especially our travel writer the and portability is a major concern for you and this should be the one soul purpose for you for buying a good laptop.
As a writer, this is the second most important factor that you should consider after portability and battery backup so you should have a good Keyboard that has a very good size of buttons.
Travel distance should also be not much so that your fingers don’t get tired of typing and the keyboard be backlit so that you can work in any type of dark work environment as well along with it if the farm resting area in your laptop is big enough that will be more at its a point because if your laptop has a good arm resting area then you can rest your hands on your laptop and type very comfortably and let me tell you some of the best keyboards in the market like
So, these are some of the points that you should keep in mind before buying a laptop, and let me tell you the two major points the first major point before buying a laptop should be portability as a writer and the Keyboard.
The second major point should be the keyboard as you have noticed that I have not talked about the storage or the processor because for a content writer a good processor is not very important and as a content writer you don’t even need very large storage because you don’t have to store a lot of files
Basically, you will be storing your written files and doc files so they are not up to big size hence storage doesn’t matter at max you can go with the 256 GB option and processor i5 will work out for you and in AMD as well you can search out for similar performance as well,
Definitely 256 GB storage is plenty for you because you will be only storing your document files and the notes so storage of 256 GB will be perfect for you and have this 256 GB storage is SSD that will be a much better thing because with that you can do multitasking as well and 256 GB would be enough for you until and unless you need a multitasking laptop and you need to fulfill you are the requirements.
Average processes like i5 7th generation 8th generation and I7 with lower generation models will also work out perfectly fine for you because those laptops are not built for performance and your work of writing is also not a very internship performance-based task so Everest processes were workout
Not at all because you won’t be playing games you are buying a laptop just for your working and graphic cards are not necessary if you need a multitasking device in which you can play games you can run your movies watch videos play songs and you have a lot of intensive multitasking then only you should go for a hyper for high then only you should go for a graphic card else without a graphic card you work will be done perfectly fine.
Yes, 13 inches is optimum for you and I am telling this from my personal experience as I am also using the 13-inch laptop and my eyes don’t get distant but yes if you have a bit seeing problem and you have spectacles then you should buy a big screen size as I don’t have any issues and my eyes and I can easily see far distance objects as well so even with 13 inches if the form factor is a small return to all the things I can see and hear to me so there are no issues over there until and unless you have any issues in your scenes.
So these are the basic points that you should keep in your mind and I hope that now your confusion would have been cleared out that which type of laptop you should go for and what considerations and what sequence you should keep for your performance display and other things.