Looking for the Best Laptops For Nursing Students? Read on to know more.
We all know that nursing students require a laptop that can handle their all-day tasks and don’t end up with their battery dying in between. They have lots of tasks to be accomplished in their classes in the form of projects, assignments, simulations, and exams and attend those lectures as well.
The most vital thing is, they have to carry it along with them the whole day. So, the most basic requirement that we get to know is first, a really good battery which can last for a day or more, easily.
Secondly, the device should be portable, light-weighted, and thin so that it becomes easier for people to work with it, carry it all day long, isn’t, and don’t become bulky.
The third important thing to be kept in mind is, it should have a vibrant and a good resolution screen which can help you see the smaller parts and things in the images to study.
Now, a good keyboard is also a mandate, because only then, the usage of the device would be convenient enough to make it effortless.
Talking about all these requirements, the first options striking your mind would be Apple’s MacBook Pro or Air or a higher-priced tablet.
To cope up with the budget, here is the article which will offer you some of the best options available for you with these requirements and a lower price tag with some amazing specifications which could significantly give a boom to your productivity and make all your work less tiring.
Because that is what everybody wants and featured costlier laptops and tablets are unlikely to be affordable by every person.
- Things You Need To Know/Consider
- Best Laptops For Nursing Students
Things You Need To Know/Consider
Storage plays a vital role as the amount of data stored in the laptop, the data reading, and writing speeds depend majorly on the type of storage.
RAM is a constituent part on which multitasking and processing capability rely.
This defines the portability of the laptop and how convenient is the laptop to use.
The display is one of the most important parts you should take into consideration while buying a laptop. The type of display, its resolution, and the display size make the content more vibrant, improves clarity, and make it attractive.
It defines the user-friendliness of the laptop. Security, visual representation of things, and the optimization of laptops would be defined by this. Usually, Windows and Mac are commonly used.
CPU defines the processing capabilities, limitations of a device. Better and the latest the CPU is, faster and convenient the tasks would be performed in lesser time.
Best Laptops For Nursing Students
So now, let us have a look over a few of the best options available in the market as of now.
- Next-gen, best-in-class laptop with the versatility of a studio and tablet, so you can type, touch, draw, write, work, and play more naturally
- Faster than Surface Pro 6, with a 10th Gen Intel Core Processor – redefining what’s possible in a thin and light computer. Wireless : Wi-Fi 6: 802.11ax compatible. Bluetooth Wireless 5.0 technology
- More ways to connect, with both USB-C and USB-A ports for connecting to displays, docking stations and more, as well as accessory charging
- Standout design that won’t weigh you down — ultra-slim and light Surface Pro 7 starts at just 1.70 pounds.Aspect ratio: 3:2
- All-day battery life upto 10.5 hours, plus the ability to go from empty to full faster — about 80% in just over an hour
The Microsoft Surface Pro 7 is a laptop that works both ways as in a tablet and a laptop. So, it outperforms in terms of portability, it is thin and is one of the greatest competitors from the list mentioned above.
The extreme portability makes this laptop to be one of the best options available out there. The best part is that the device is a direct competition to MacBook Air and the plus here is, it is much lighter in weight, has a vibrant screen with high resolution, and is much cheaper than its competitor.
In terms of accessibility, you can write on it directly similarly as if you were having a notebook but not with a pen but a stylus. This option works best for nursing students because it has excelled in almost all the features that are majorly required by nursing students.
Talking about the specifications of the laptop, it is powered by a 10th Generation Intel Core i5/i7 processor depending on the variant you choose as per your budget. It has a tremendous amount of RAM available because the variants have a minimum of 8GB of RAM which goes up to 16GB depending upon the variant selection.
The screen size for this laptop is a bit smaller than 12 inches but it has a vibrant display with a much higher resolution which is FHD. It was necessary to make the screen smaller because it is to be used as a tablet as well.
Now, in terms of graphics, we have an Intel Iris Plus GFX processor which renders/processes HD graphics in a blink of an eye.
Talking about the storage, we have 128GB to 1TB SSD depending upon the requirements we want to use the laptop for. The best part about Microsoft Surface Pro 7, it can provide you up to 9 hours of continuous usage on a single charge.
- Vibrant display with a higher FHD resolution.
- Huge battery backup
- A great processor provides awesome performance.
- Good placement for implementation of the kickstand.
- Has USB – C port for functionality.
- Lack of thunderbolt support.
- The keyboard costs you more bucks i.e., it is sold separately.
- Only 2 ports are available.
- Powered by the latest AMD Ryzen 3 3250U processor with Radeon Vega 3 graphics, the AMD multi-core processing power offers incredible bandwidth for getting more done faster, in several applications at once
- The 15. 6" HD (1366 x 768) screen with narrow side bezels and Dopoundsy Audio deliver great visuals and crystal-clear sound for your entertainment
- 128 GB SSD M.2 NVMe storage and 4 GB DDR4 memory; Windows 10 installed
- Keep your privacy intact with a physical shutter on your webcam for peace of mind when you need it
- Stay connected: 2x2 Wi-Fi 5 (802. 11 ac/ac(LC)) and Bluetooth 4.1; webcam with microphone; 3 USB ports, HDMI and SD card reader
Now, the second-best alternative we have is the Lenovo Ideapad 3 powered by the powerful AMD Ryzen 3 3200U along with an Intel UHD graphics processor and 4GB of RAM.
It has been embedded with 256 GB of SSD which is really fast and fetches and writes data at really higher speeds. It comes with a stunning 15 inches HD display providing you with full clarity.
It gives you 8 hours of battery backup in a single charge which is quite good as compared to other laptops in the same price range.
We also have a drawback that the machine is a bit heavy and bulky so it’s perfect to move with it a few times but feels like a hectic task if you regularly prefer to carry your laptop frequently. We already have much lighter and more powerful laptops which are more efficient as well.
Another drawback that we have with this laptop this it doesn’t provide you with the higher resolution that most of the latest laptops provide you with. Although, the display is huge enough of 15 inches so you will get a huge space to work on but it won’t be much vibrant as other laptops have to offer today.
Moving on to the pros and cons of this budget segment laptop, we have,
- Not much expensive and affordable.
- In-built micro SD reader, USB-C charging, and multiple ports.
- Sleek and silver finish design making it look beautiful.
- Has a keyboard resistant to spills.
- Long battery backup of 8 Hrs.
- Wi-Fi 6 is not supported.
- The resolution of the display is low, making things dull when you look at the display.
- Bulkier and heavier device to use.
- MacBook Air 13.3 " with Retina Display (Gold) - 30W USB Type-C Power Adapter - USB Type-C Charging Cable (6.56' / 2m) - Apple 1 Year Limited Warranty
- Retina display with True Tone
- 1.2GHz quad-core 10th-generation Intel Core i7 processor, Turbo½ Boost up to 3.8GHz
- 16GB 3733MHz LPDDR4X memory
- 256GB SSD storage
Apple’s MacBook Air is powered with an Intel Core i5 2.9 GHz processor along with 8GB LPDDR3 of RAM. It has an Intel HD graphics processor providing it an amazing capability of processing graphics of higher resolution in much less time.
In terms of storage, we have a 256 GB SSD which allows the device to fetch and write data at extremely higher speeds. Everything is presented with a stunning display of 13 inches having a resolution of 1440×900 with a retina display IPS panel.
It has a beautiful metallic & sleek design with a silver finish making it look very attractive. The battery life ranges from 8 hours to 10 hours which is quite good enough as compared to other laptops.
One of the best features that MacBook Air is its keyboard which is well enough designed to be convenient and easy to use. it would be one of the best choices that one could make while buying a laptop in this price range because it has great processing capabilities, beautiful design, amazing looks, really loudspeakers, a convenient keyboard, and a trackpad.
Seeing this laptop you get proof that Apple really researches and works on its products very hard. It is smaller in size and huge in performance, be it anything or any task.
Let us list the pros and cons, so it would be easier for you to summarize which one to go for,
- Amazingly beautiful Retina Display.
- Force sensing trackpad, feels smoother.
- Security improvements with Touch ID.
- Unmatchable battery life.
- Louder and crispy clear speakers.
- Much more expensive than Windows laptops.
- RAM isn’t upgradeable.
- Stutters a bit while content creation like video editing.
- Games with very high graphics lags.
- [Feature]: Enjoy ultra-wide viewing angles and seamlessly perform multi-monitor set-ups with a 15.6-inch Full HD micro-edge and anti-glare display
- [Processor]:Intel Core i3 Dual-core Processor Intel i3-1005G1 4 MB Cache, Base Clock 1.2Ghz, Max Boost Clock Ghz,
- [Display]: 15.6 in Full HD LED touchscreen (1920 x 1080), 10-finger multi-touch support Display
- [Memory & Storage]:12GB DDR4 Memory | 256GB PCIE Solid State Drive (Boot SSD) ,Original Factory Box will be opened and resealed for Upgrade.
- [Other]: Weight Only 3.7 lbs | 0.8 Inch Thin | Woov Laptop Protective Sleeve | Windows 10 S | WIFI | 802_11_AC | Upto 5 Hours Battery Life | HDMI | Webcam | Bluetooth
This is the Asus VivoBook S15 otherwise known as the S533 that comes with the brand-new tiger leg i7 processor. it is an extremely built machine with a magnesium alloy chassis and polished edges.
It is surprisingly left out the ergo leaf hinge and an IR camera this time. The more exclusive and more expensive counterpart would be the Nonbook line by Asus.
Now let’s have a glance at the technical details first. This thin and light notebook comes with an i7 1165G7 including the new Iris Xe G7 96EUs graphics unit 16 GB of DDR4 with 3200 Mhz RAM which is soldered and can’t be expanded but should be enough for a while if you don’t plan on stuff like 4K video editing.
A 512 GB NVME SSD, a 15-inch IPS screen, an illuminated keyboard, a 59 WH battery, wireless LAN 6, Bluetooth 5, and some pretty nice Harman Kardon sonic speakers are there.
The notebook is built very firm with a sleek and subtle design in a full metal aluminum body with a height of only 1.6 cms and a weight of 1.8 kgs.
I really like the build quality; it looks very valuable and the material is also kind of sensitive to fingerprints. On the other hand, the notebook seems to be pretty small for a 15-inch unit due to its screen-to-body ratio.
Now, let’s go through a few pros and cons of the same.
- Offers a really good viewing angle
- Highlighted Enter key that really looks good and there is a dedicated Numpad.
- Decent click sensitivity in touchpad
- Really great speakers
- Sleep chassis
- Pretty small as a notebook
- Brightness remains an issue
- 7th Generation Intel Core i3-7100U Processor (2.4GHz, 3MB L3 cache)
- 15.6" Full HD Widescreen ComfyView LED-backlit Display supporting Acer ColorBlast technology
- 4GB DDR4 Memory, 1TB 5400RPM HDD
- Windows 10 Home
- Up to 12-hours Battery Life
It’s a 15-inch device that includes a sharp 1080p display, good performance of Intel Core i5-8250U processor. The texture of the lid gives it a gorgeous premium appearance however when we touch it, the plastic of the shell can be felt so there’s no hidden fact that it is a budget laptop but overall the laptop as a whole bold enough.
The Graphics coprocessor used is NVIDIA GeForce MX150. The display is not stable, stiff enough not to move when we type. It boasts a clamshell design with a normal display.
The 15-inch display is sharp enough but not very vibrant when we view it straight on, the screen looks reasonably sharp and clear which is adequate for browsing, web editing, etc.
Brightness and contrast widely depending on the viewing angle and the display goes off and goes inverse as you tilt the lid down. It surprisingly provides a pleasant amount of detail. Speakers are outsized enough to fill a large room. The HDD offers an excellent price-performance ratio. The battery life is about 9 hours on a single charge.
- Overall performance is good
- Excellent battery life
- Have USB Type-C port moreover
- Affordable and budget-friendly
- Little heavier
- Image quality drops when you tilt the screen or your head side by side.
- Overall sound quality is poor
- Not good for gaming
Coming on to a conclusion, I’d say that if the price is not a major deal, the first recommendation and priority would be given to MacBook Air because the device’s build quality, level of performance, features, and design tops in the whole list.
So, if you feel convenient to use Mac, then Air would be the best amongst all. It is sleek, portable, and secure which become the major reason to be chosen as per the requirements.
I hope, this article helped you and you got to know all of the information that you were looking for. Let me know if any doubts persist, in the comment section below.